Tuesday, July 31, 2007

For All the Women in Banking!

I worked in the banking industry for 16 years! For any woman who has ever worked in banking, this one is for you...

Last night as I lay sleeping
I died or so it seemed,
Then I went to heaven
But only in my dream...

Up there St Peter met me
Standing at the pearly gates,
He said 'I must check your record
Please stand here and wait.

He turned and said 'Your record
Is covered with terrible flaws,
On earth I see you rallied
For every losing cause.'

I see that you drank alcohol,
And smoked and partied too,
Fact is, you've done everything
A good person should never do.

We can't have people like you up here
Your life was full of sin,
then he paused as he read the last of my record,
Took my hand and said 'Come on in.'

He led me up to the big boss and said
'Take her in and treat her well.
She used to work in banking
So she's done her time in hell.'

I did not write this, but it sure did make me laugh. Thank you to my friend for sharing this with me!

4 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Cele said...

Most excellent

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

This one made me laugh when I read it.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger JulieOShields said...

Made me laugh out loud. Jazzy, we have a lot in common...I am from Oregon, love John Gresham and other authors you mentioned in your bio, love Styx, and many of the movies you mentioned...plus I like Dart and SML! Glad to meet you on your blog.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Thanks for your comments Julie! I was emailed this from a friend that I used to work with, and yes, it was at a bank! I got a big kick out of this poem. I am happy to meet you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home