Monday, July 02, 2007

Vacation - Day 3

Day 3 was a blast!! After breakfast, we went to the Oregon Coast Aquarium in Newport. The kids absolutely loved it!! I highly recommend it if you are ever on the coast! We made sure that we saw everything and took a lot of pictures! Here are some of the best...

The kids in the crab tank!
Here is one of their
starfish up close!
They had a tank
which allowed the
kids to touch many
of the animals!










Ok, this picture is not the best, but...I thought it was pretty cool. If you can't tell, it is a picture of jellyfish. (Anyone see Spongebob???) They were in a tank with a blue background. The lighting in the room that they were in was quite dark, so I am glad that it even kind of turned out.


The next picture is a picture of a sea lion that would go from window to window and rub up against it. It was the sweetest thing to watch.


At the aquarium, the coolest thing was a tube that you could walk through. It was amazing !! Ever seen the bottom of a sting ray???



Much to my daughters delight, they had sharks too! Of course, we made her wait until the very last thing that we looked at!!! (he, he, he) Aren't we evil!!

After the aquarium, it was off to Asortia. Along the way, we stopped at the Tillamook Cheese Factory. It was pretty neat to see the factory and try some cheese. I recommend it!! It is a great educational stop for the kids, and best of all...it was FREE!!

Good times, for sure!! We tried fresh curds, yep curds!! They were not too bad, actually. Tillamook had a black pepper cheese. It was really good! I could picture that cheese on a burger. As Rachael Ray would say, YUMMO!

Day 3 was a lot of driving, but it was fun!

To be continued...

5 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff - Great pics. Say hi to all

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Cele said...

Oh I am so glad you went to the Tillamook Cheese F... Oh I am so glad you went to the Tillamook Cheese Factory, the cheese curds (while a bit salty) are awesome.

Tell C-Kid I love the Underwater Sea experience at the Oregon Coast Aquarium too. Next time I'll go with you and C-Kid and me can just sit there on the floor and watch the rays, skates, and sharks all day long while you guys go puffin."

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

dartman,

Will do! Give the kids our love and hugs!!

Cele,
The Underwater Sea experience was terrific. I think that it was my favorite exhibit at the aquarium.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Fun times. I'm loving your vacation series, and the photos of the kids make me miss you guys more than ever.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Lisa,

We miss you guys tons too!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home