Thursday, January 04, 2007

All In The Family

My 11 year old painted her first picture. She got a paint-by-number picture of dolphins (her favorite animal) for Christmas from her Grandparents. She did an outstanding job, although I may be a little biased. I had so much fun watching her paint. She even inspired me to work on my first oil painting. We sat working on our paintings together while watching a chick flick. We really had a blast. Painting with C is one of my favorite things to do in the world.



C, I want you to know that I can't wait to do this with you again! You did a super job! Keep up the good work!!!

Love you! (Up to the Stars and Back!)

3 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger Cele said...

I use to devour paint by number oils and acrylics. I always wanted to paint like my grandparents and great grandmother. I don't have that type of talent, but I remember the joy of paint by numbers.

Now you've made it extra special for C, because it is a special shared time with mom. With my daughter and step daughter it was painting ceramic mask.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

The oil painting I am trying is a paint-by-numbers. They are a good way to explore a new medium.

It is one way we spend special time together. The kids and I also love going to Barnes and Noble. It is important to me to spend special time with each of the kids.

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Awesome pic! I love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home