Saturday, July 07, 2007

Vacation - Day 5

I did not think that anything could top the week of sights and experiences that we had, but B had a huge surprise in store for us. The last day we made a slight detour as we were heading for home. We stopped at a place called Wilderness Safari. It was exactly as the name describes, a safari!! Unfortunately, our dog was not allowed in with us, but they provide kennels for pets. The safari was incredible!! You drove through it and went from place to place looking at every kind of animal imaginable. I had to download pictures as we travelled through the safari because there were so many amazing animals there and we just had to get a picture of them. Take a look!
Here are hippos





Baby Yak







Camels




Cheetah










Monkeys
Bull Elk
(Not for hunting, sorry)


There were many, many other animals too, tigers, lions, and bears (oh my!). :) The brown bears were closed the day that we were there, meaning you could not drive through their enclosure, because the buffalo were right next to them and were having their babies! As you can probably imagine, the bears were pretty excited because of the smell of blood in the air. After we passed the brown bears, we saw a newborn baby buffalo. It had just been born, only minutes old. The baby was so cute, still wobbly! (not to gross you out, but the afterbirth was still coming out of mommy!)

I would definitely go back to the safari! The only animal that we did not see was the rhino. Most of the animals were free roaming. Only the lions, bears, tigers were in enclosures; all of the other animals were free roaming. It was so cool!!! I wish you all could have been there!!

Unfortunately, this was the end of our vacation. I truly did not want it to end. B and I loved the coast!!! We both said that we would love to live on the coast. (Cele, I truly envy you!) You live in a beautiful part of Oregon!!!! I wish I lived there too!

6 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Cele said...

The first time I went to Wildlife Safari the Camels were humping in the middle of the road. I was onyl 17 and pretty grossed out.

The second time I went to Wildlife Safari I was 18 and was the butt of all the jokes. Why? It was Osterichs humping in the middle of the road and my nick name in high school was Osterich.

We took Ben to Wildlife Safari last summer and had incredible fun. I go a great picture of a giraffe. All the times I've been there I have never seen the Rhinos.

I am glad you liked the Coast I absoutey love it here. But you wouldn't like the wind, it's been 35 plus all week.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

We didn't see the "sights" that you saw, thankfully!! I did not want to have to explain that one. It was great!!

35 MPH wind, ahhhh, just a breeze! We used to live in a town that had that minimum every day of the year.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Cele said...

You hit the really nice days on the coast when you were here. Usually we range between 25 and 45mph...each and every day. I'm use to it, but I know it drives a lot of people crazy. I consider it cheap airconditioning.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Yeah, explain THAT to your kids, Jazzy! What are those camels DOING???

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

25 to 45 mph, hmmmm, sounds like some of the towns in Montana! (One of which, I lived in for three years)

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Ok, no thank you, I am NOT ready for that talk yet, although maybe I should send them to their Auntie!! (hmmmm??) You could explain it for me!! (ok, maybe not!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home