Monday, January 08, 2007

You asked for it...

Beginnings and Endings

Beginnings can never be without endings.
They are new and wondrous.
They are exciting and scary at the same time.
Beginnings are like that new pair of shoes not yet broken in.
They are change which can be hard.
Beginnings are anything but sublime.

Endings can never be without beginnings.
They are many and inevitable.
They are sad and scary at the same time.
Endings are like those old pair of jeans broken in just right.
They are change which can be hard.
Endings are anything but sublime.

To begin is to end. To end is to begin.

6 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Cele said...

Oh, wow, love the rewrite. Way kewl Jazzy.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Thanks Cele,

Your nice words mean a lot to me. My voice is starting to come back. I lost it after my grandmother died, but I think it is slowly but surely finding its way back to me. It feels great too!!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Love this poem, as you may have predicted.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Thanks Lisa! I appreciate your comments. :)

 
At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To begin is to end. To end is to begin.

I am going to ponder this line for the rest of the day... if not the week. I like those lines in poems that contain deeper truths and which muddle up my mind at the same time - and this line does it wonderfully.

No blogging for me today - I have some pondering to do..!

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Thank Julius,

I love reading a poem that makes you say, "Hmmmmm, wow" and really make you think. I also like poems that never really tell you what they are about whether it be an animal, feeling, etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home