Friday, October 13, 2006

My Grandmother, boy I miss her...

I would like to share a dream I had a few years ago. I was in a room with my father and his mother, my grandmother. We were all talking about the things that makes us happy. I was asked what the most important thing in my life is. Of course, I said, "That's easy, my family." My grandma got really mad for some reason, started yelling, said things like I took the easy way out and everyone says that. I then grabbed her by the shoulders, made her look into my eyes and said, "I love you. Do you hear me? I love you." Then, we hugged, and she whispered in my ear, "I love you too. I love you." The weird thing about this dream.

I know she was there that night in my bedroom. You see my family had just moved to a town about three and a half hours from our family, and my grandma, well, she passed away about a year before I had the dream. You might be skeptical, and you might not believe me. But...I know she was in my bedroom. I know because I felt her whisper in my ear. I felt her breath on my ear.

Well, this dream inspired this poem.


The Ones That Have Gone Away

Think of them often the ones that have gone away.

They are in our thoughts monthly… weekly… daily.
They have a special day each year when they are remembered.

Though they can’t be with us during the holidays, special occasions, and into the new year,…
They are in our thoughts and dreams to tell us they are still here.

They come to us on a gentle summer breeze or a whisper in our ear.
When they come to us be assured there is nothing to fear.

They have not left us just merely gone away.
They will come back to us some day.

Think of them often the ones that have gone away.

Written by Jodee Stein
December 1, 2003

2 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Hey, I totally commented on this earlier but it apparently didn't go through?? This poem is great and gives me chills. Great post. I loved her too.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Cele said...

I truly believe our loved ones are always with us. We only need to talk to them. And as you said they whisper to us on the wind, speak to us in our dreams, and hold us dear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home