Monday, April 16, 2007

The Rose

I have been practicing my drawing, which was a part of my New Year's resolution. I drew my first ever rose. The rose is a really difficult flower to draw. I really want to master this flower because it is my Mom's favorite. If I can master drawing it, maybe I can paint it. This is only my first attempt, so be gentle!



I am really just practicing techniques such as shading. I am trying out different methods in order to "hone" my skill.

Remember to be gentle with me!! (contrary to popular belief, my ego is fragile!)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Nice work, J! I like it a lot. I have one thing that will help it to look even more real, if you want it to: the little white line/space between actual rose and shadow could be thinned to be almost not visible, but there nonetheless. That will make it look even better.

Great job!

L

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Thanks Lisa,

Although you cannot tell from the picture, the area you mentioned is lightly shaded. I went back to the drawing and went a little closer with the darker shading as you suggested. I do think that it did improve the drawing.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Cele said...

I am not buffering my words because I think you are strong enough to handle the truth.

It's beautiful and I think your mom will be happy with the final results when you paint it.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Thanks Cele,

Thanks for the nice compliment. I will have to try painting one sometime. I have the perfect color for my Mom too.

PS - I am already looking forward to Friday. I know I will need a break by then. My HUGE 18-week project is due on Monday, and I will be working hard on it all week in order to have it ready to be turned in on Monday. I hope you have something new written by then (or even a part of something). :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home