Monday, October 02, 2006

Happy Birthday!!!

Recently, my daughter celebrated her birthday! It was the first year that we had a friends party. It was a little hectic for me as I was the only adult at the party, but her closest friends were there, which made it bareable for me. I am really happy that her closest friends came to the party. We only invited 8 kids, so I was a little worried that only one or two kids would show up. I know that would have broke her heart... I know because it happened to me. I was right around her age too. I wanted to have a slumber party and had invited a just a few people to come and well, only one person showed up! How humiliating!!! Well, my good friend and my god-sister saved the day for me and made the slumber party really fun! I really hope that my daughter never has to go through that! The party ended up being pretty fun. There were both boys and girls. The boys played with my son, and the girls wanted to watch movies. I tried to get them to play a game all together, but they did not want to. I think they all had fun, at least I hope they did.

At one point during the party, my daughter got sad because her dad was not at the party. He has been working a lot of hours recently and is rarely home when the kids are awake, so they have not been able to spend much time with him. His work schedule will not slow down for a while unfortunately. I just hope that he makes it up to them when he does get a day off. I am going to have to talk to him tonight after he gets home. Of course, by the time he gets home, the kids will be in bed. It would be nice to do something fun together as a family. Those are the times that bring families closer together... At least I know it does my family.

:)

3 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Oh, I'm so glad she had fun with her friends! That really does make a difference. I remember my bro & I planned a Halloween party once, and only one person showed up. Sucked! We planned for around 20, if I recall. Sigh.

I think your man will understand and will try to make days off special....

:) Miss you.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Hi Jazzy,

You can set up your thing to require a verification of a word if you want. May eliminate the above from happening. Unless you want to get a free gift card!

:)

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

SML,

Thanks for the tip! I did not know you could do that, but I have changed the settings. Hopefully, the above will not happen again.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home