Monday, May 21, 2007

Workout Woes...

Today was the first day in a few weeks, yes weeks, that I have gone into the gym and worked out. I stopped going during the last few weeks of school (too tired and busy). On the bright side, I have not gained any weight! Unfortunately, I found out Friday that my workout buddy will not be going to the gym until further notice. She is going through some major personal issues right now and will not be going to the gym and does not know when she will get back into the gym (if ever!). I decided, however, even before I heard from her on Friday that I would begin going to the gym on my own because I have to do what is right for me. What is right for me right now is getting into the gym and working out! I feel better physically and mentally everytime I finish a workout. The hard part is actually getting myself into the gym not the working out part. I love to work out, but I have a hard time getting to the gym. I have promised myself that I will go in after I get off work 3 to 4 times per week, rather than getting up at the butt-crack of dawn! I am obviously not a morning person, which my hubby can and would attest to! Now that I am done with school, I can get into the gym and do something for myself that will make me feel and look better. Going to the gym for me is my time to focus on myself (for a change)! It is good to have that little bit of alone time each week.

3 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Cele said...

For years I loved working out 2 or 3 hours a day, had dreams of body building (I'm not genetically disposed to building muscle unfortunately.) I thought I would never quit. But just like every hobby before that I burned out on, I've not been back in a gym for 15 years. So sad, my butt shows it.

You go girl, work it out, and have a ball. Missed you in chat Friday night, it was....er... to say the least, interesting. Fig showed up and started asking questions about the "riff" I'm curious as to what "someone" said about it, because he wouldn't let it go..hmmm just like "someone".

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Good for you. I applaud you for doing what you know is best for you.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Cele,

Thanks for the encouragement! Sorry I missed it. I had two extra kids Friday night, so my house was a little crazy to say the least.

Lisa,

Thanks! I know that my getting in shape and losing weight is all up to me to do. Besides, if I don't go into the gym, I know that I will feel guilty and will feel like I am "going back" on my deal with B. He quit chewing so that we would have the money in the budget for the gym membership. If I don't go, I will not only be letting myself down, but I will be letting him down too. He gave up a lot for me to be able to join the gym, and I know that it wasn't easy for him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home