Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Beautiful Sight to See!!

Yesterday, we took a short drive to Crater Lake. Crater Lake is a truly amazing sight to see. The water is so blue; it really is unbelievable. The lake was formed over 7,000 years ago after the Mt Mazama erupted. The lake filled with rain water and snow. It the deepest lake in the U.S., and one of the deepest in the world. It is also one of the purest lakes. It was completely worth the drive. Pictures do not do the lake's beauty justice, but I thought that I would share a few with you anyway.



The island is called Wizard Island and is a volcano that was formed during the eruptions of Mt Mazama.









There are many features in and around the lake. The great thing is that you can drive all the way around the lake and take a boat tour of the lake.







You can see many of the volcanoes of the Cascades from Crater Lake too. We even saw Mt Shasta which was about 100 miles away from where we were and two of the Three Sisters.







These are fumaroles called the Pinnacles. There were so many of them!




All of you should make it a point to visit this beautiful place!! It was amazing! I would definitely go back again!

6 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Cele said...

Oh it has been so long since I've been to Crater Lake, Ducky and I were just talking about it at dinner. We'll have to make the trip - it is so very worth it.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

You will have to let us know if/when you plan on making the trip so that we can get together.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Beautiful pics! I'd love to see that lake.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Well, I can tell you Lisa that the pictures do not do the color of the water in the lake justice! It is the bluest blue that I have ever seen in my life!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Real Live Lesbian said...

What gorgeous photos! Definitely on my list of places to see.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

I highly recommend visiting Crater Lake!! It is truly gorgeous!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home