Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Commitment!

For over a year and a half, I have been taking classes in a graduate program with the hopes of obtaining a Masters in Business administration. I am currently half way through my fourth from the last class! This class in particular is going by so quickly. The work gets tougher and tougher after every class. So far, I have only gone through one class while not working. I actually believed that it would be easier to attend these classes while not working, but I am beginning to re-think that belief. I am struggling to keep my commitment to these classes. Don't get me wrong, I am not planning nor have I ever been thinking of quitting. I am just noticing that the urgency is not there anymore. I believe that urgency that I used to feel, which believe me really helped me (well, pushed me really) in obtaining such high grades, is gone because the stress level that I had in these classes while I was working is gone. Stress can be a motivator! I know it was a motivator for me. I used to be stressed out because I spent every night until at least midnight on homework and that was only during the week. I used to spend all weekend on homework too. Thanks to the stress in my life (my old life), I was able to get my homework done early, usually. I know stress is not a good thing, but... sometimes it can be a blessing in disguise.

I am just going to keep "plugging away," and I will just have to take my classes one week at a time. I just hope that I don't get that dreaded "short-timers disease!!!"

:)

5 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Have I told you how much I admire you for doing the whole school thing in addition to working so hard and being a mom too? Very impressed. Hang in there. You will still do well, even without the late night stress, because THAT IS WHO YOU ARE! :)

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

SML,

Thanks for your comments. I had three reasons for going back to school. First, my student loan payments would be placed on hold while I was in school. Second, I wanted to further my career. Third, a graduate degree has been a goal of mine since high school, and I wanted to show my kids that they can do anything if they put their mind to it. I know I can do it, but...the intensity I used to feel is just gone. It is hard to get in the groove of school now. Well, it was difficult before, but it is really hard now.
:)

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Hang in there! The light should be visible at the end of that tunnel, I imagine.

:) Wanna do lunch?! Sigh. You can't, of course. But I can wish.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

I wish we could do lunch!!! Yes, I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home