Friday, December 01, 2006

A Good Weekend Project!

Are you looking for a good weekend project that is a "no brainer" kind of project? Take a look at this...




Here are two no-sew blankets that I made for my kids. The top was the blanket that I made for C, and the bottom was the blanket that I made for H. The blankets were not hard, a little time consuming, but pretty easy. If you know how to measure and tie a knot then you too can make this blanket.

These blankets are not only cute, but they are also pretty warm! They take a good two full days to make. To see the look on a child's face when they see their new blanket is well worth the time. As you can see from the picture, they are good sized blankets too. Just to give you a better idea of the size, the bed that H's blanket is laying on is a Queen sized bed.

If you are not up to the project, let me know, and I will make one for you (for a small price, of course!). If you are adventurous and decide to take on this project, good for you! Happy Tying!!

3 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

I can vouch for them, since I've seen them in person! Great stuff.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Cele said...

My daughter makes blankets similar to that, they are delightful. And to me it is a wonderful handmake gift.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

It would be a super gift! This blanket can be a little pricy unless you can find the material on sale. Every now and then JoAnn Fabrics has their quarter flats on sale, and that is the time to buy the material to make this blanket. Although, you could make this blanket with other materials. The pattern could easily be altered to other types of materials.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home