Monday, November 20, 2006

My New Goal!

Ok, I may be digging a huge, gigantic hole for myself here, but I am going to set a goal for myself. I am going to challenge each of you who feels adventurous to join me in this challenge. I am challenging myself to try to lose up to 25 lbs by Christmas! I am going to start keeping a food journal. I found a menu in a magazine. Breakfast consists of any one of the following 1/2 cup slow-cook or steel-cut oatmeal and 1/2 cottage cheese with splenda and cinnamon or 2 slices whole-grain bread, 1/2 cup scrambled egg substitute, 1 slice 2% American cheese. For a snack, choose two daily. 1 bag lite microwave popcorn or 1 cup sliced veggies, 2 tbs. fat-free dip 1 oz. almonds or 1 apple, 1 part-skim mozzarella cheese stick or 1 white-chocolate banana-nut shake (1 cup water, 1/2 cup 2% milk, 1 scoop protein powder, 1/2 banana, 1 tbs. natural peanut butter, 1 tbs. sugarfree white chocolate pudding mix, 3 ice cubes). Lunch is any one of the following 1 oz. turkey, 1 slice whole-grain bread, 1/2 slice swiss cheese, & 1 cup soup (up to 140 calories), or 3 oz. tuna, 1 tbs. lite mayo, 1 tbs. dijonaise, 2 cups mixed salad, & 2 tps. lite dressing, or 4 oz. lean burger, 1 whole-grain bun, 1 slice 2% American cheese, 2 cups steamed veggies, and 2 tps. lite dressing. For dinner choose any one daily (a sugarfree fudge bar or popsicle can be added for dessert) 4 oz. grilled chicken, 1 cup steamed broccoli, and 1 small sweet potato, or 5 oz. chicken breast or shrimp, 2 cups veggies stir-fried with 1 tbs. teriyaki sauce, & 1/2 cup whole-wheat angel hair pasta, or 5 oz. baked white fish, seasonings, 1 cup cooked spinach, and 2 cups fresh fruit. After dinner to beat the munchies drink 1 cup of hot herbal tea, any variety.

I probably won't be following this menu exact, but it does provide some great ideas. I plan on beginning right away, and I encourage whoever wants to join me to do so.

Good Luck in advance to anyone who is joining me in this challenge!

4 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

I'm not so sure I could lose that much weight that fast. I'd be happy with losing 5 pounds by Christmas.

Sigh. I've got to just plain cut out fast food and soda, and cut my portions back.

Good luck! It's a great thing to do!

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Yea, it is a lot of weight. I have cut out fast food (as I sit here dreaming of it!) and have cut my portions back, but I am not losing weight because I am not working out. I need to start working out, which is something that I don't like doing (and rarely have the time to do).

I am going to try anyway, and I am going to make it part of my routine to work out (even if it is only for 20 minutes).

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

They say 20 minutes 3 days a week is good heart health. Try it! You will know each time that you get to skip it the next day.

I'm gonna cut out fast food too. I seriously had McD's for lunch and DQ for dinner yesterday. Pathetic and wrong!

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

If I end up working out 3 days a week, it will be a miracle. I will shoot for 3 and see what I end up doing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home