Tuesday, August 28, 2007

10 Jobs I Do Not Want!

I was tagged by Cele to list 10 jobs that I do not want! I found this tag very interesting in part because I am not currently working full time and also because I left a company last December with which I had been employed for 16 and a half years. I find myself at a unique crossroads in that I am able to really search for the job of my dreams with hopefully a terrific company (with many perks of course). So...here it goes...

1) Exterminator - I don't do bugs, mice, rats, snakes, etc, etc, etc. YUCK! Creepy crawlies are not my forte!

2) Housekeeper/Maid - I would hate to clean all day at work and then have to come home and clean all night too. I take my hat off to those people who do this kind of work because I know that I could not do it. (at least I could not do it quietly!)

3) Sales - I am talking about all of the pushy salespeople out there. You know which ones I am talking about pushy and won't take "no" for an answer. Nope, I could not do that because I would feel too guilty after, not like the "guilty pleasure" guilt either.

4) Collection Agent - I have dealt with "dead beat" renters before and hated it. I like to give most people the benefit of the doubt, second chances (sometimes third and fourth chances). I eventually learned to distance myself to it, but I would not want to do this type of work on a daily basis at least again anytime soon. High stress, high guilt, little satisfaction ... no thank you.

5) Mortician - I am a HUGE sympathetic crier! I would have one of those crying headaches all day, every day if I were a mortician. Plus, my makeup would run... now that would be attractive.

6) Congresswoman/Senator - I would not be willing to compromise my morals and beliefs in order to do the job. I think it is a prerequisite.

7) Bee Keeper - love the honey, hate the bees!

8) ASPCA officer / worker in a shelter - too sad! I have a hard enough time watching shows like "Animal Precinct" on Animal Planet. I know that there is no way I could do that job in real life.

9) Daycare Provider - love kids, but running a daycare is a TOUGH job! I have helped in daycare facilities before imagine all noise all the time, a mountain of dirty diapers, never getting a break, running after other people's kids all day and your own at night. I could go on and on, but I really don't think that I have to, do you?

10) The person who removes roadkill from the side of the roads - need I say more!

Thank you Cele for tagging me. I am not tagging anyone, but if you would like to complete the list on your blog, I invite you to do so and leave the link in the comments on my blog!

2 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Cele said...

Ugh road kill, yeah that could be number 11 on my list, and I don't think I could do kids all day long - teachers and babysitters get my vote of thanks.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

I hear you Cele!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home