Monday, December 04, 2006

Three Down; Three To Go!

Today marks the half-way point in my class! I am still working on my paper. I have three sections left to write. Hopefully, I won't be too short on words when I go to edit the paper and add the direct quotes. I only got 4 hours sleep last night (I was up until 3 AM working on my paper) and do not write as well when I am tired. Three weeks, and three papers! This subject is more difficult that some of the others because it is an area that I am not as comfortable in as a few of my other classes. I will get through it, of that, I have no doubts. I just hope I can maintain my 'A.' A grade can change so quickly in this forum. One point on a paper could mean the difference between an 'A' and a 'B.' I know a 'B' is good too, but I would rather have an 'A.' (call it the perfectionist in me!) Some classes I am confident that I will get 'A,' and others I struggle and worry and only hope for an 'A.' When I struggle, I sometimes still end up with an 'A' but have ended up with a 'B' too.

When I am unsure of a subject, I sometimes have to fake the fact that I don't know a whole lot about what it is that I am writing about. (Yep, it is called BSing!) I can BS with the best of them. I have been in this program for a year and a half now and have not once read any of the assigned materials. I take that back I read the assigned reading materials the very first day of the first week of the program. That was enough for me to decide that I could research out any discussion question and answer the weekly questions that way, and I could BS my way through the rest. I pretty much know what teachers like to hear, and I know how to talk "business." I have BSed my way papers and received 100% on them. (I try not to do that anymore) I have written an entire paper the day that it is due and received 100% on it. (I have been known to push the midnight deadline a time or two)

I thought that this class ended on Christmas Day, but I forgot about winter break. Winter break starts in two weeks. It is a little silly to take a break so close to the end of class. I would rather just get the darn class over with and work straight through, but I am also looking forward to the break in order to finish getting ready for Christmas. My break starts on the 19th and ends on the 1st. My last week of class begins on the 2nd. At least I will be off school at the same time my kids are off from school. Their break begins on the 18th.

Well, I have a paper to finish! I better put on my BS hat (I think I may need it)! :)

2 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Funny post, here. BS, Schmee S. I'm thinking you're just smart and talented. Yep. You don't even need a degree to know that.

word verification: awwhy. Too good.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

You would be surprised how much BSing I actually do in my papers. I have gotten really good at taking three or four ideas/topics and turning those things into a 1700+ word paper. (A lot of what I put into the papers is BS) It is like telling someone what they want to hear! I just tell my teachers what they want to hear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home