Saturday, December 30, 2006

One Week To Go!

I have been in class for five weeks now. I only have one more week to go. I was really worried about my week five paper. This paper was the second part of an 18 week project required prior to graduating this M.B.A. program. I was worried about this most recent paper because I was not sure that I had read the syllabus correctly, and I was almost maxed out on my word count. I did not proof the paper myself either which I paid for in the grading. I got dinged a little bit for a couple minor grammar errors. The paper itself was worth 15 points, and I was able to pull out a 14.6. (Not bad considering I did not proof read the paper and finished writing it the day that it was due!). I ended up with a 96% overall in the class after week five. I only have one week left to go in this class. I have one more paper left to write and just a few days of participation left to do. I wish the week was over already. After this class, I have just two more classes (only 12 weeks) left in the program. I never imagined that I would ever make it this far!

I hope that my wrist holds out until after I graduate! I have a gangling cyst on the top of my left wrist. I have been holding off getting it taken care of for a year and a half - two years. I wanted to finish this program before I did anything with it in case I have to have surgery to get rid of it. The problem is that I am left handed, and I can't type very well with one hand. The more I use my hand the worse it feels. It sometimes hurts so bad and swells so much that I have a hard time bending my fingers. I am just scared that I will not be able to hold out until after graduation. I just have to take everything one week at a time.

4 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger Cele said...

okay, don't hit me. Aren't Ganglion cyst the ones they call book or bible thumpers, because you thump them with a heavy book and they go away (I'm sure with considerable pain, but away they go?)

Congrats, you are getting there. Every comment you make about finishing your education makes me consider getting my associates in communications. If you ever need a proof reader let me know.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Hang in there! You can do this!!!

Congrats on the good grade. Of course you worried, as usual, and OF COURSE you got an A. Silly girl.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

I just take my classes one week at a time. That is how I have gotten through the program thus far.

I always worry! (You know that) I was not sure about this paper, truly. This teacher is a tough grader, and I was worried that I had misunderstood what he wanted.

PS - Am I disowned because the peanut rolls and grebble did not make it to MT by New Years Day?

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Cele,

Those are the ones. I would not want to risk breaking my hand by thumping my cyst with a book or board for a couple of reasons. First, I am left handed. Second, I am not a big fan of pain (I am a weeny). I am also not looking forward to going to a doctor to fix the problem for a couple of reasons. First, the cyst would be corrected by a shot of cortazone. Those shots HURT!! I have had them three times on my other wrist. The problem with my other wrist was not a cyst. Second, the cyst would be surgically removed if the shots don't work. I have also had this done on my other wrist, and it was not fun.

I love learning. Don't get me wrong, I did not always love school. I do love learning new things and challenging myself. School gives me a sense of accomplishment and success that I did not always get from my job. It is a great feeling to get an 'A' and know that I did it on my own! You should consider, if you do decide to go back to school, in going for your 4 year degree rather than an associates degree. If you go for your 4 year degree, you could possibly finish it faster online, and it would not take much longer than the associates degree would take you. Ok, I am babbling again, sorry!

I will let you know definitely if I need a proof reader. Thanks for the offer. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home