Thursday, December 21, 2006

All I Want For Christmas

Every year, my husband asks me what I want for Christmas. You would think that because we have known each other since elementary school and been together for 12 years that he would know what to get me without asking me.

One year, he got me a comforter (blue on one side and green on the other) because I like those colors. He also got me an office chair that year (oooohhhh, how romantic!). The best thing that he got me that year was the perfume. The perfume was not bad (if you are 100 years old). He did not pick it out because he liked how it smelled. He picked it out because it came with a free watch! Let me just say that the watch was really cheesy, and I never wear it. (yes, cheesy, the gold is rubbing off!) Last year, I gave him a list. I told him to only get me the things on the list! I did not want to take any chances.

So, because it is our ritual now, he asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year. I have no clue, so I told him that I didn't want anything. I honestly think that I am asking for trouble here; you would think that I learned my lesson after the cheesy watch. My husband is one of those men you see on Christmas Eve shopping for their wives (my husband is really just wandering around the store because he has no idea what to get) at Walmart because it is the only store open. He informed me that he will be shopping on Saturday night for me. My thought was "Wow, you are really planning ahead this year aren't you!" At this point, I am seriously doubting that he has a romantic bone left in his body because he has done so many romantic things for me in the past. (ok, that was a little sarcastic) I think the romantic bone broke the second we got married! Oh well, I have gotten really good at faking that I like the presents that he gets me. Hey, maybe this is the year that he actually gets me something that I like (or want) without asking me or getting a list from me! Hey, a girl can dream!!

2 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Um, good luck on that. I wouldn't hold my breath. He's MALE, for goodness sakes!

:) Merry Christmas!

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

I know, but I can always hope!

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home