Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! Now is the time to start fresh and to make all those resolutions!

B and I made a deal last night. Rather than making a resolution that I will never keep, I made a deal with my hubby. (or rather he made the deal with me) He said that he would quit chewing (Coppenhagen) if I started working out with our neighbor, D. We went to their house last night for a New Years party which was too much fun. We ended up at another neighbors house just after midnight for a couple of drinks. D was trying to talk me into joining her all female gym and work out with her 3 or 4 times a week in the mornings. B knows that I really want to lose weight, so he said that he would quit chewing if I agreed to work out with D. This will be tough for him! He has been chewing most of his life. I absolutely hate it! I want him to be around in 20 years to see our kids get married and play with our grandkids. If he keeps chewing, he won't be. I was more than happy to make the deal with him. We will find a way to pay for the gym membership, somehow. Having someone to work out with and help motivate me will definitely help me lose the weight that I need to lose.

What do I get out of this deal?? I get a husband to grow old with. I get to feel good about myself for the first time since before my kids were born. I get to feel like a sexy woman again. I get to fit into my skinny clothes for the first time since before I had kids. AND, I get to teach my kids about how to live a healthy life!

5 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Cele said...

Way to go girl. And you don't smoke so you won't make a resolution decades from now to quit, and gain three butts in the process.

Happy New Years.

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your resolutions! I have a blog that contains what I hope is useful life advice and I've written half a dozen posts about how to make successful resolutions. Perhaps you would take a look when you have a moment?

Happy new year...

Julius

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Cele,

Too True! I am happy that I don't smoke. I know how hard it is for some people to quit.

Julius,

Thanks! I may need the wishes of luck. I will be more than happy to look at your blog.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

You can do this, J. You can. I look forward to your support when I make some changes too.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Thanks Lisa,

You know you will always have my support!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home