Monday, October 22, 2007

All Ready to Go...Are you?

OK, I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but Christmas is just around the corner. Yep, it will be here before you know it. The hustling and bustling of the stores, the bitching and yelling of the customers... Are you planning for it yet? Are you dreading that busy season yet? Are you ready for it yet?

Every year, I make a list every year with everyone's name and what I am thinking about or am getting each of them. I usually shop online because I hate the crowds and the bad attitudes, and let's face it, it is way more convenient, easy, and fast. (Plus, I can shop in my pj's!) This year, I started way early and am DONE!!! OK, OK, OK, stop hating me... I have a perfectly good explanation as to "why" I am done Christmas shopping already. First, I want to take November and December off from working, so I wanted to get things done and bought while I have some income coming into the house. Second, I also have a few birthdays left to buy for this year, one of which is my son's, and had to plan finances to cover these gifts as well as the Christmas gifts. (By the way, I have all of these, including H's, done, bought, and wrapped!) Third, I have to be able to take all of the Christmas presents back when we go to Montana for hunting, which is soon and I am so excited. I have both the birthday and Christmas gifts wrapped and ready to go! The only people I have left to buy Christmas gifts for are my kids and husband, which yep you guessed it, I have already started buying for them. :) I am not done yet, but I will be done Christmas shopping for sure before Thanksgiving.

3 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

I couldn't hate you. But can I be a little jealous?

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Cele said...

And wrapped? are you trying to start a revolution?

My mom is usually years, really years, a head on birthdays, and months a head on Christmas. I'm trying to do that, but Ducky has one sister that always puts a wrench in my spokes. Grrrrr.

Less than a week and counting.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Lisa,

You jealous of me? I can't even imagine that. haha

Cele,

I am usually done with all of my Christmas shopping by Thanksgiving at the latest. Maybe I am trying to start a revolution. Maybe I will see just how early I can get my Christmas shopping done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home