Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Back To The Grind Again...

Well, I am starting my third from my last class. The last three classes are specialty classes for the MBA program in which I am enrolled. When I started this program, I never thought I would make it to this point in the list of classes. This point just seemed too far away, and the list of classes was long and quite daunting to say the least. I am so excited to be almost done with the program, but I really need to find a new routine which not only allows me to get all my schoolwork and household work done but also spend plenty of time with my family without being stressed out to the max about anything and everything.

These last three classes are tied together in that I will be compiling a project which is to take 18 weeks. Yep, 18 weeks! I am not afraid of failing or the work, but I am a little overwhelmed because I will be attending class (online) over Thanksgiving, my son's 9th birthday, and ending the class on Christmas Day. I am trying to stay very structured in my daily activities around the house. I have somewhat developed a routine which not only gets my household work done, but it also allows for plenty of time for my schoolwork and the kids. The problem is that when I am in a class, I tend to spend all my time on the household work and my schoolwork. I feel that my poor family gets the short end of the stick most of the time. Because I spend so much time on school and the house, I don't spend as much time with my kids and husband. I really thought I would have more free time if I only attended school instead of attending school while working full time.

It just seems like my free time away from my schoolwork is spent all on the household chores; thus, is the reason that I am determined to come up with a better, more efficient routine so that I have plenty of free time for my kids and husband. I do everything around the house, so an efficient routine is so critical. (Suggestions are always welcome!) :)

10 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

There's always the Get Up At Dawn method of life!

You are an amazing woman. Don't worry about being perfect at all of it. You are great just the way you are.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

I stay up way too late at night to get up at the b--- cr--- of dawn. Besides, I am not really a morning person as you know.

I don't want to be perfect, but I also don't want to let any of the household chores fall to the wayside either. That has happened before, and I don't want to let it happen ever again. A messy house causes me a great deal of stress. I would not say that I am a neat freak, but I do feel more calm and less stressed out when the house is tidy.

Plus, if I want to start working out of the house (which I do), I will have to come up with a much better plan of action than I have now.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Cele said...

when you figure it out let me know. I have found that getting up at the b...cr... of dawn just means there is more time for someone to intrude upon. Hmmm...it's a losing battle, but I too am open to suggestions.

Where are you going to school, Jazzy?

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

I am going through an MBA program with University of Phoenix Online.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

I can no longer say anything about your staying up late. I am suffering through my tiredness after staying up til 12:15 drawing!!! But I finished both boys...now I decide whether to leave it as done or put shading in the background. I'll take photos when I can and send them to you.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Cele said...

I have thought about getting an Associates' in Communication, do you recomment U of P online?

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Staying up late and then getting up early can only work for a short time before your body starts to shut down. I can sympathize with your tiredness.

I am positive that whatever you decide to do with the background will be amazing. I can't wait to see the pictures!

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Cele,

I would recommend UoP online. This type of program will not work unless you have the discipline to get the work done on your own. You are basically teaching yourself along with guidance from the facilitator (teacher) of the class. I have greatly benefited from the diversity which UoP offers in its classes. Because my classes are all online, students are located not only across the country but also sometimes in other countries, and everyone has very different "real-life" experiences and backgrounds to draw from. Don't get me wrong, it is hard sometimes because it is online. Everything that I do is via email, so I don't have the benefit of hearing a lecture. I have (usually) a paper due every week. I also usually have two to four discussion questions due, which may or may not count towards my participation grade. In the online classes, one's participation in class is graded and could mean the difference between an 'A' and a 'B.' My class week begins on Tuesday and ends on the following Monday. One has to stay organized and not procrastinate in this environment otherwise he or she would fall way behind and would not be able to catch up. My classes run for six weeks at a time, and the graduate classes are taken one class at a time. My schedule was modified from the typical one week off in between each class to three weeks off in between each class. I did the one week off in between each class for a year, and believe me (if you are working full time with kids and a husband who works long long hours) that schedule would catch up to you and kill you. That schedule practically drove me to quit the program. The thing that drew me to the program was that I can attend class when I want and can do it from anywhere. It is really convenient, especially for busy adults. I have been able to attend class while on vacation, at a two-day business meeting, or at 3:00 in the morning (due to insomnia and the fact that my team had a paper due). In the online environment, every class is divided into teams, and those teams also have assignments. So, you would not only have your individual assignments to complete, but you would also have your team assignments to complete. The teams are great because they teach both how to lead and how to follow.

I have really gone on and on here haven't I. Sorry about that, but I hope that I have given you some good information. If you have any other questions, let me know.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Cele said...

Jazzy thank you for the insights. I will definately have to look into UofP online. Thatnk you so very much.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

cele,

you are very welcome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home