Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Sometimes People Don't Have Enough To Do!

One of my little irritations is sometimes my husband. Don't get me wrong, I love him to death, but sometimes... I could wring his neck. OK, maybe wringing his neck is a little harsh, but hey, if the shoe fits and all...

I have always been able to tell when my husband is bored at work because he calls me for no reason at all. At first, yes, it is a little cute and sweet, but after about the fourth or fifth call interrupting the flow and concentration it does get a little irritating.

He calls and says, "Hi, what are you doing?"

I say, "I am busy. I am working."

So, then does he say, "Oh, ok, sorry didn't mean to interrupt." NO, he just keeps talking and telling me how bored he is and what has been happening at the store. OK, at this point in the one-sided conversation, I am thinking to myself, "Would it be rude to hang up on him right now?" (I know it would be, but ...) (No, I don't actually do it, but I feel a little better thinking it, he, he, he)

I know I don't have a job anymore, but I still have things to get done around the house, and I have homework to do as well. I like to get as much done as possible before the kids get home from school. Plus, he did this to me all the time when I did have a job.

Now, I sometimes feel like he thinks that I am at his beck and call. He calls me to do little things for him that he could really do himself. For example, he called me just the other day to find a phone number because the number was not in the phonebook. Ok, but how am I suppose to find it if it is not if the phonebook?? I am good, but I am not a miracle worker. I can't find something that is not published. Yes, I could call information and probably get the number, but I guess my feelings about this are a little different than his. First, he called when I was in the middle of something, so he had to leave a message (which he did). Second, his fingers aren't broke (at least they aren't since the last time I saw him). Third, if his fingers aren't broke and he has soooooo much time to call me to get the darn number, I think he could call information himself and get it. The number was for a new restaurant. He wants to make reservations for Friday night because he wants to take his boss to dinner. OK, I am going to be a little selfish here, but this whole thing is for his boss and his work, so why do I have to take care of all the details?? I am already strapped with the task of trying to find a babysitter in a town where we know a total of three people!!! I think I would rather make the reservations. (Plus, I have to get my school assisgnment done by Friday)

Well, he is just going to have to take care of this one himself. He is a big boy now, I think that he can handle it.

4 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Cele said...

Jazzy I'd sit for you, but it's a bit of a commute.

Now to set you straight. As long as he is married (to you or anyone else) he will never be a big boy... at least not the type that can sweat the little things by himself. God, ya gotta love 'em.

On the flip side, you get dinner out Friday night, I hope it is yummy. Where are you going?

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Yep. I'm agreeing here. So why did he make the reservations for 9:30??? I'd pick a different restaurant if it's that late...

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

cele,

Thanks for the offer, but I decided that I will not be able to go to dinner after all. The dinner was going to be at the new restaurant here, and it is really yummy! B. and I had lunch there one day while the kids were in school. They won't be going until 9:30 PM! to dinner. That is way too late for me to eat, and it is too late to expect someone to sit for the kids. (especially since that person has to work the next day.) Oh well, maybe next time...

BTW, he did make the reservations himself! I knew he could do it, but wonders never cease!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

SML,

He had to choose 9:30 PM because he has to close the store, and they don't close until 9:00 PM. He doesn't get a day off this week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home