Thursday, November 16, 2006

My Man...

Ok, I know that I can give my man grief sometimes, but he usually deserves it. This post is dedicated to his sweet side!

Yesterday, I called my man at work to see how his day was going. I told him that I had applied for a job that I found online. The job is part-time bookkeeping for a small company just a few miles from my house. The work can be done from my house! It is part-time just 20 to 25 hours a week and can be done from home what more did I need? The main reason for applying for the job was a little more financial security. My husband works completely on commission, which means if he doesn't sell anything or the store is slow then he doesn't get diddilly for a paycheck (and the bills and rent don't get paid). We are trying to not only recover from the expense of moving but are also trying to recover from the two trips back to MT that we took and with my son's birthday and Christmas coming up so quickly, I just feel that I need to get a part time job. BUT, I want to be able to work from home, thus is the reason for applying for that job that I found. ANYWAY...... back to the story...... my husband had a delivery to do on his way home last night, which is not unusual. When he got home, he had a little surprise for me. (He must have been reading my mind!) He came in and handed me a grocery bag. Inside the grocery bag was a pint of Ben and Jerry's Vanilla Caramel Fudge Swirl ice cream. Holy mackerel!!! Every now and then, he just does things like this which totally blow me away and reminds me of the reasons I fell in love with him in the first place.

The ice cream really hit the spot last night. He must have known that I was stressing and needed some comfort food. We hardly ever quarrel and rarely ever fight. Maybe sometime I will write about "our story." We have know each other for a really long time but were always just friends! He just always knows what I need! I really love that man of mine!

7 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Cele said...

He is apparently a keeper, and you found him early. I kissed a lot of toads (which has it's benefits - warts and all) but finding a keeper early is worth its weight in good ice cream. If you ever make it to Florence, go into BJ's Ice Cream, their Kalhua and Capacinno Fudge ice creams are to die for.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

That ice cream sounds delicious! It has always been my dream to go to Italy. I hope that I will make it there someday.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Cele said...

HA HA Jazzy - don't publish this one - I meant Florence, Oregon

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

This is an awesome post. So e-mail me details about the job thing, OK?

And love to B. and the kids too.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Cele,

I did not know there was a Florence, OR. Where is it exactly?

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Cele said...

Florence is smack dab in the middle of the Oregon coast. 60 miles west of Eugene at the end of Highway 126.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

We hope to explore the coast sometime, so we will definitely have to check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home