Thursday, December 07, 2006

If I could give up one thing!

If I could give up one thing, I would give up taking care of the checkbook and paying the bills! You have no idea what just the simple task of balancing the checkbook does to me. I do it ONLY because I have to, and my husband claims he doesn't know how. (I think he is full of SH--!) Anybody who can add and subtract can balance a stupid checkbook! I perservere and get through it some how, but I really just want to curl up in the fetile position in the corner and cry! It doesn't matter what the balance is, but I just hate doing it! (Go figure, I worked in a bank for 16 years. You would think that I would have a different outlook on the whole thing!) I don't mind balancing other people's checkbooks. Balancing someone else's checkbook doesn't stress me out at all.

The daunting task which comes after you balance your checkbook is paying the bills. (Come on, admit it, you love it as much as I do! I am amazed that I haven't ended up in a mental ward yet! (Well, it could still happen. There is hope for me yet!) Paying the bills is a job that I hate worse than balancing the checkbook! I think that my family has learned that when Mom pays the bills stay clear from her because she could blow higher than Mount Vesuvius on a bad day!

The world would be a much better place without having to pay bills and balancing a stupid checkbook!!

4 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Cele said...

Oh you will hate me. I never balance the checkbook. I pay 90 percent of my bills online. I'm bad.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

I don't hate you. I find you brave. Do you ever overdraw your account? How do you know exactly what your balance is if you don't reconcile your account? I need to balance the checkbook often because I never know what my husband has done. I always balance to the penny. I have know people who don't balance their checkbook and have had major problems because of it. My brother was one of them. Both my sister-in-law and I tried to reconcile his account, but neither of us could do it. We each got a different ending balance every time we went through his account (and that was only after a few months). Sorry, it must be the banker coming out in me. I have droned on and on.

I need to have more control over my bills, so I don't pay them online (yet). I am not sure that I trust the online bill pay method yet.

You aren't bad; You are a rebel!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Yep, thank GOD D. does it and I don't have to...I'm afraid I'd procrastinate and never get it done.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

B. always says to me, "I wish you would stop worrying about money." Unfortunately, he never worries about money, so I have to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home