Tuesday, January 30, 2007

How Are Your Resolutions Coming So Far?

One month into the new year, and my resolutions are going good. I had three resolutions this year. (1) Write more poetry (2) Draw more (3) Join a gym, work out, lose weight, and get in shape

My first resolution to write more poetry is going better than I hoped. My goal was to write one poem a month. I wrote two poems in January. I also began attending my good friend's writing workshop every Friday night. I love the workshop and am finding my poetic voice again. It feels so good to feel inspiration again. I have not been inspired in a long time, so long actually that I thought I would never feel inspired again.

My second resolution to draw more is going pretty well. I am working on a drawing for my father-in-law. It is a difficult drawing. This drawing is difficult for me because it is a type of drawing that I have never done before. I will not give up on it and will keep working on it. I just hope that it turns out. I am also working on my portrait drawing. I am working on the mouth. It is going okay so far.

My third resolution to join a gym, work out, lose weight, and get in shape is going so well! I have lost about 6 pounds since beginning on the 9th of January. I have joined the gym. I try to do some exercise every day. I do cardio and weights 4 times a week. I do just cardio the other 3 days. I am on my way to my goal.

So, how are your resolutions going for you? Are you sticking to them?
I hope you are doing as well with your resolutions as I am.

2 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger Cele said...

My resolutions are going great.

1) I am writing more poetry

2) I am blogging more (but I am about a blog behind...need to work on that.

3) I am happy

BTW you are a great and welcomed addition to Friday Night Writer's Workshop we are very blessed to have you with us now....muuuuwaaaahhhhhaaaa

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

I am so happy that your resolutions are going so well.

Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home