Thursday, January 25, 2007

What a Week!

I have had a cruddy week this week. Let me re-cap my week.

First, my computer has been down until today! I have been going through major blogging withdrawals. Not having access to my computer has been so difficult. No Email, No Blogging!

Second, we had a mouse in the house! I am completely freaking out! I hate mice!! (First we had black widow spiders and now mice!) I want to click my heels and magically return home!!!! My son caught the first one. He is my little hero! He just informed me that he saw another mouse!! OK, I give up!!! I may have to check into a hotel! I knew that I would not luck out and have just one dang mouse in the house! My husband thinks I am nuts and made fun of me mercilessly last night! He started to snipe at me too, which made me feel about 2 inches tall! I did not even get one hour's worth of sleep last night and will now not get any tonight!!! Oh well...I slept last week!

Finally, my son came home early from school sick. Poor baby! He is feeling better, but he will be spending the day at home tomorrow just to make sure he is better.

Calgon take me away!...Darn it didn't work, I am still here...Well, I had to try!

9 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger Cele said...

Cat, you need a Cat with big claws, fangs, and a hunger for rodent.

Having an unreasonable fear of snakes...yeah yeah there is nothing unreasonable about it...I totally understand and sympathize. Calgon won't help, drag out the kahlua.

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, look on the bright side...you've got your computer back! Just don't throw it at the mouse when he comes out to play. That would NOT be good.

How did he catch the mouse, anyway??

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

I am unfortunately allergic to cats. Also, I am not sure that Peanut (my dog) would like that very much.

I don't like snakes very much either. Heck with the kahlua, I am going straight for the vodka.

#2 was caught today!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Lisa,

So true, so true. Thank GOD I have my computer back, and I promise I won't throw it at the mouse.

Well, the mouse crawled into an open box of lasagna noodles, and H just closed the box. Of course, C was not afraid of the mouse. #2 was caught in the nifty traps I bought. I knew I heard something!! SNAP! Peanut set off another trap today. He licked the peanut butter off the trap. Good thing he did not get hurt! It scared him to death, and he knew instantly that he was in trouble.

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL on the Peanut licking the trap thing. Thank GOD he didn't get hurt. I'll say Chewie did the same thing in our garage. Ha ha ha. He was so scared.

Hope you enjoy a whole week mouse free!

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL on the Peanut licking the trap thing. Thank GOD he didn't get hurt. I'll say Chewie did the same thing in our garage. Ha ha ha. He was so scared.

Hope you enjoy a whole week mouse free!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Cele said...

This afternoon I went out to fill up the wheel barrow with wood for the stove. We're getting down and I was towards the back of the stack when I spyed a rat. It made me think of you, and then it made me think of a poem I wrote...sadly about a true incident that end with me getting a black eye. But I thought you might like it.

Lurker Rat

The rat was dead, there was no doubt,
the decon did the trick.
That rat was dried up, petrified,
stuck in my fire wood rick.

My garden rake, the hand held one,
would break up that rat's nest.
I clawed and scrapped and broke it up,
the vac would do the rest.

I grabbed my broom to sweep it up,
into a tidy pile,
those shreds of paper, rags, and wood
his nest I had defiled.

That lurker rat, though rather dead
watched close from quite nearby.
Forget he's dead, he's still a rat
and all can go awry.

The broom swept back across the floor
the pile was growing high,
straw bristles swept across my shoe
I leaped up to the sky.

The broom, it jerked right with my hand
and hit me in the eye,
that lurker rat was watching close
its laughter floats on high.

Yes, Murphy's law still says it all
what's right will go awry.
Just ask me all about the day,
the rat, and my black eye.


© 8 August 2000 Calista Cates-Stanturf

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Lisa,

I know. He set off another one today. We are up to 4 mice caught!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Great poem Cele.

I will be very happy when this is all over!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home