Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Job Hunt Update

Well, I finally found something. It is not much, but it is a paycheck anyway. I am working as a temp. I was placed at a position within the first week with the agency. I got the first job I interviewed for. It is with a company that makes all natural peanut butter and other nut butters. I have tried their peanut butter, and it is good.

I like the people. They are all really nice. Some of the work is really basic and kind of boring (but I will live through it). Some of the work is pretty fun. I find it really interesting to learn about a manufacturing company. I have never worked for a company like this before, and I am learning a lot.

The only frustrating thing is that there is one person in the office that tries to train me on every little thing. Today, she wanted to train me on how to use a paper cutter. She is well-meaning, and I, of course, did not say anything to her other than, "Oh yes, I know how to use this. I used one all the time at the bank."

I like working only part-time. The company let me set my own hours. I am working 5 hours a day, 4 days a week. The human resource manager is really excited to have me in the office. I think she wants me to stay on full-time after the assignment has ended. I am not sure that I will be doing that though because I am just NOT ready to go back to work full-time. Honestly, I am not sure that I will ever be ready for that!

6 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger Cele said...

I am so glad you got a job and are happy with it. And I am glad that you can still come to workshop, I would be really pissed if you were too tired for me and Rose. I mean really, the world does evolve around us you know. :)

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

I am glad that I can come to the workshop too. I am tired but that is why I have coffee, right?!

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Congrats on this job, J. Just don't send me any peanut butter, OK?

:)

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Lisa,

You don't know what you are missing!

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go on finding a job. Is it a smooth or chunky job? You can send peanut butter to me just don't tell L because she doesn't like it when I eat PB...

Say hi to all

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Dart,

Ha, ha! You are funny! I haven't been in the job long enough to know whether it is smooth or chunky! (ha, ha, ha) They don't just make peanut butter either. They make almond butter, cashew macademia nut butter, sesame tahini butter, peanut butter with honey. Well, see for yourself. Here is the link to their website:

http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ExecMacro/nspired/maranatha/home.d2w/report

By the way, I have a feeling I know why Lisa doesn't like you to eat peanut butter, so I don't think I will be sending any to you. Maybe I will bring some home with us the next time we come, although I have no idea when that will be.

I will tell everyone "hi," if you do the same.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home