Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Earliest Memory - Talk Thursday

My friend Cele invited me to participate in Talk Thursday. This week's topic is "My Earliest Memory." I have a couple of memories from when I was little, maybe three or four years old.

The first memory involves my brother. We were arguing in our front yard. I am not sure what about. He may have been picking on me. He dared me to say the "F" word, so I did but not before my Mom heard me say it. Well, I don't have to tell you that she was not very happy. When I told her that my brother made me do it, he got in big trouble. I think he ended up getting grounded. I distinctly remember him watching me play outside from the front window, and I remember waving to him. I know it was not nice, but hey, what are little sisters for!!

The other memory that I have is from my Mom and Dad's grocery store. My parents bought the store when I was three years old. I basically grew up in that store. I spent every weekend and every summer at that store. I remember when I was really little that my Mom used to let me ring up newspapers. Newspapers were the only things I was allowed to ring up because they cost 25 cents, and I knew what a quarter was. I had to kneel on the counter that the groceries would be set on after being taken from the carts and only then could I reach the till to ring up the newspapers. Thankfully, the customers were very nice and patient! At the time, I thought it was great fun, boy what the heck was I thinking!!

2 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Cele said...

Oh mi gosh that is an awesome memory. Thank you for playing.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Great memories, Jazzy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home