Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Piece of Cake!

Well, how about this?! Two posts in one month! Stop the presses!!

As promised, here are a couple of photos of C's birthday cake from her 13th, yes 13th, birthday! I can't believe she is officially a teenager. Every year, I always decorate C and H's birthday cakes. They pick what they want, within reason, and I decorate the cake they pick out. I have some rules for the kids while they are contemplating what to pick to have on their cakes. The picture cannot have a lot of colors. It also has to be a clear picture that I can work from and not be too terribly detailed because we are talking frosting after all. (I am no "Ace of Cakes!") Well, the cake that my daughter chose was chocolate. The picture she wanted on it was from a cartoon that she watches on the Cartoon Network called Naruto. The character from that cartoon that she chose is named Sasuke. The first picture she showed me was nearly all black and dark blues and was not a very good picture to work from, so we looked and looked and finally found the one that I used for her cake. This cake was not an easy one, let me tell you. It took me over two hours to decorate, which does not include the time it took me to get the frosting colors right!

So, for better or worse, here is the cake. I really hope that you like it!

3 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Hopefully, if anyone has been trying to post a comment here, you will now be able to! Woo Hoo! Bring on the Comments!!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Awesome cake! I'm hungry now. Thanks. ;)

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Thanks! It took a while, but I think it was worth it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home