Monday, January 26, 2009

A Little Free Time...

OK, so it has been a while since my last post. What can I say, I have been swamped. Now I know that is a crappy excuse, but it is true (cross my heart and all that jazz). With that said, I do have a few more posts already planned!

Anyway, I have had a little bit of extra time on my hands recently and also had a couple of presents that I wanted to finish up for my manager and regional manager. Here is what happens when I have a little bit of time on my hands.

Here is a pansy that I painted in Watercolor and is 5x7. The flower are shades of purple, and the background colors are Windsor yellow and ultramarine, which is a blue. I framed it in a simple black frame with a dark green and black mat. I painted this for my manager whose favorite flower is a pansy and favorite color is purple.

Here is a rose that I painted in Watercolor for my regional manager. The flower is shades of yellow. It was difficult to shade with the same color, so I not only used varying shades of yellow but also used a mix of ultramarine and brown madder. The leaves were a mix of sap green and Windsor yellow. I used varying shades of this mixture for the leaves. The shadow was made y first making the paper wet then placing a small amount of the Windsor yellow and allowing the color to spread only in the dampened area. While the area was still wet, I then placed a small amount of ultramarine and allowed it to spread in the same manner. By layering the colors rather than mixing them first, you are able to see just slightly the yellow, green, and blue colors rather than a solid green. I framed it without a mat in a simple 5x7 black frame. I painted this picture for my regional manager whose favorite flower is a yellow rose.

I hope these paintings and hope that they are the first of many pictures painted this year. I am not going to go so far as to say that this is one of my New Year's resolutions because I never seem to be able to carrying my resolutions through the whole year. I start out great but seem to falter at some point in time during the year.

6 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger JulieOShields said...

Nice to see you again Jazzy! I just started posting in my thoughtrantsandvents blog again also. I went to it from my facebook page tonight and it showed me I had one follower... You. Thank you :-) I have just posted a list of 25 things about me. I tag you to do it about you so I can learn about you!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger JulieOShields said...

Oh, I love your flower paintings. I want to learn to paint!

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

It is nice to be seen! haha I have to make more time for my blog and facebook. I have been doing better, but I still don't blog as much as I used to. I am just too busy. I work all day at the bank and work all night on my lia sophia business. ugh!

I will do the 25 things about me, promise. I will try to do it tomorrow. :)

Also, Thanks! for the nice compliment. Would you believe that I have NEVER taken an art class? I am pretty much self-taught, other than the tips and suggestions I get from SML. If you want to learn to paint, I say go for it. It is very addicting!! I love painting and drawing. It is truly one of my biggest passions! I actually started drawing when I was a kid. I used to draw the pictures from the coloring books instead of coloring them! haha Practice, practice, practice, go for it!!

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Cele said...

Love the pansy, keep painting

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Well done, sweetie! I love them. You need to return and report how the recipients loved them!

:) Hope all is well with you and the fam.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Cele and Lisa,

Thanks so much for your comments and continued friendship, support, and encouragement. It means a lot to me!

Jazzy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home