Wednesday, January 31, 2007

One Day at a Time

I realized today that it has been a little over three months since I have been home. Now, that may not seem like a very long time, but three months is the most time that I have gone without being able to go home. I have no idea when we will be able to get back home for a visit, so I am going to take everything one day at a time. I have had cousins move away and live in other states, but I have no idea how they do it. My closest friends are and have always been my family members. The only thing that I can think to do is take everything one day at a time.

I hate knowing how much I am missing at home. I really miss all the little things like going to my nephew's and niece's sporting events, playing games with my bro and sis-in-law, and just chilling at my mom and dad's house. I don't think that we will ever live in Billings again, but I hope that we get closer one day so that I can visit more often (and they can visit me).

I know to get through any feelings of homesickness that I will have to take it one day at a time.

3 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger Cele said...

Jazzy, I was raised to be very independent and it's something I thank my mother and father for all the time. But I remember when I was living in Germany, I'd been there for about a year when we went to see the Eagles in concert. They walked out on the stage and said, "Good evening we're the Eagles for Los Angeles, California." Suddenly I was so homesick I could have cried right there.

I don't know exactly how you feel, but I know at times it is a sad, lonely, hopeless, and sometimes lost feeling. I'm sorry that you are far from the rest of those you love. I hope that it will work out that you guys get to move closer to home.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

You are in my thoughts too. Hang in there. You didn't mention lunchtime in your fond memories, damn you! :) That's what I miss too.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Cele,

It is friends like you that make things much easier. Thanks!

Lisa,

I miss our lunches VERY much! I can't believe I didn't mention it. (It must have just been too painful, so I blocked it from my mind) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home