Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Drawing A Day

I believe that every artist should try to draw something every day. I would like to consider myself an artist; therefore, I an going to try to draw something every day. I will keep my drawings small maybe an apple, a flower, a tree, or something like that. I have the tools (sketch book, pencils, eraser, and so on), so now I just need to find the time. I also have plenty of magazines for further inspiration. Of course, if I work on my portrait drawing or the picture for my husband's father, I would count that towards drawing something every day.

Hey!, if I can work out every day (which I have been doing), I can draw every day. I just need to motivate myself to do it. Drawing is the only resolution that I feel I could be doing better at keeping. I know the more I draw the better I will get at it, and I want to get better at it. SO, I am going to do it! I am going to draw something, anything every single day. I want to try to do this for one month! If I can do it for one month, I will be very happy with myself.

6 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Cele said...

Way to go Jazzy, you should draw yourself an icon for your Blogger image

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

I may, but what to draw, what to draw.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

OK, now I'm totally feeling guilt. I haven't drawn anything since the portrait of Don that I did.

I will be drawing really soon, tho, as I have a Mother's Day commission to do and soccer starts soon....

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Lisa,

Don't feel guilty! I wanted to draw last night, but I didn't because I was so tired! I am going to draw something today, but I don't know what I am going to draw yet. Besides, you are getting commissions; I'm not. I have a feeling that that only way my art will get to anyone is if I give it to them. I don't think that I will ever sell a drawing. It's ok though, I still love to draw.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

I gave away tons of art before I ever sold one. Do it because you enjoy it and it makes you feel good. That will create the best art possible.

:) D. and I say hi to you and the kids and B.! We are reading blogs together. Will wonders never cease! It's awesome.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Jazzy said...

Lisa,

I do art because it is fun, it makes me feel good, and I love it. It is a part of who I am.

Hi back!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home